Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a button we could push and the help we needed would just appear? It would save us from the often challenging task of asking for help.
I don’t know about you, but asking for help has never been one of my favorite activities. Sometimes, even when I desperately need a helping hand, I trudge along, trying to do it all, and (in my worst moments) resenting the fact that no one is helping me! Can you relate?
There are scores of reasons why we don’t ask for help:
- Not wanting to give up control
- Feeling guilty because we know the people in our lives are busy too
- I don’t have all the answers, but together we might be able to solve the problem at hand.
- I can’t do it all, but I can do this while you help me with that.
- I believe in you and know that we can and will make a great team.